Time for another Top Ten Tuesday, courtesy of the Broke and the Bookish!
This week’s topic is: Ten Characters Who Would Be Sitting at my School Lunch Table
1. George and Shaun Mason from the Newflesh series by Mira Grant – probably Mahir too, since hes a dry British bitch and I happen to love that.
2. The Fool from the Farseer/Liveship/Tawny Man/Fool’s Asssasin series by Robin Hobb – Shut up.
3. Fred and George Weasley – they can be friends with the Fool, after all!
4. Jack Builder – I am collecting ginger boys apparently, hes so sweet and I love him
5. Oberyn Martell – For all the saucy sauciness. Martell is my GoT house.
6. Melanie from Girl with All the Gifts. So yeah… shes a bit disabled, but when she loves people, she loves hard.
7. Sybella from his Fair Assassin/Dark Triumph focus – crazy Helena vibes!
8. Shara Divani from City of Stairs – we could be history buddies!
9. Shannon Abbey from the Newflesh series – mad scientist with mad love for octopi. Get over to our table, we got a chair!
10. Finnick Odair. Another gingerish. He can come join the party too.
Fry: Man, you guys. I don’t know. This is tough.
1. I’d definitely want to sit with the After The End times crew. That’d be interesting, if not somewhat entertaining.
2. Kelsier’s crew from Mistborn. Minus Kelsier, because he’s kind of full of himself. I wouldn’t be able to talk to him for more than like, five minutes, tops.
3. Jean Tannen. We could talk about books! Or anything else really.
4. Bast from the Name of the Wind. He’s sassy and terrible and I love him to pieces.
5. Finnick Odair can totally sit at my table and make everyone uncomfortable.
6. Luna Lovegood. She might be a little Pheobe Buffayish, but a functional lunch table needs a lovable weirdo.
7. Margery Tyrell- Though, I want more show version than whatever hearsay randomness she is cobbled together to create from the books. She can bring grandma Redwyne too.
8. Sandsnakes! Hiss Hiss Motherfuckers.
9. Tom Navidson- Bit weird, kindof quirky, surprise hero.
10. Elephant and Piggie- Don’t judge me for liking these kids books. They’re so spot on and wonderful. Have you READ We are in a Book? Because you should. And you’ll see why I want my lunch table to include a lovable animal duo who respect their friendships and help each other out.
Carol: Oh yeah! Totally in for this. Given my particular oddities and my interests, there’s a few I’d like sitting with me for lunch:
1. Frodo Baggins, Samwise Gamgee, Merry Brandybuck and Pippin Took from The Lord of The Rings. Frodo’s totally the bookish type, and we’d be talking our favorite reads, Sam of course follows Frodo everywhere, and Merry and Pippin are the clowns. They’re all cool to hang with me.
2. Luna Lovegood from The Harry Potter Series. Luna and me are the odd-ducks. We’re quirky, and while I’m a Hufflepuff type, I still would let Luna come sit with the Hobbits and me and tell us about the various creatures her dad studies. And I’d so want free copies of ‘The Quibbler’.
3. Ami Mizuno (Sailor Mercury) and Makoto Kino (Sailor Jupiter) from Pretty Sailor Soldier Sailor Moon. Ami’s the geek of the Scouts, but she’ll never lack for friends or stimulating conversation at my table. With me, Luna, and Frodo to be among the geeky bunch, we’ll always be having good long discussions. And Makoto would make friends with Merry and Pip quick, with her home made cakes and hand-made lunches.
4. Fran Madaraki of Franken Fran. I won’t give too much away about this ‘doll’ from one of my favorite scary mangas (since I’ll be reviewing her story in October), but Fran is our resident Science Nerd! Aspiring doctor and surgeon, and just all around cheerful and a hopeless sucker for sob-stories, she and Luna would love talking with eachother, and we would all like hearing stories about her various clients. Plus, if anyone gets injured, Fran will be there to patch us up…Hopefully we’ll all be there in one piece.
5. Sherlock Holmes and John Watson from The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes. Two smart boys who are also totally capable of keeping the bullies away, with Makoto’s help, either with a punch or with cutting wit. Sherlock would likely fight with Luna about the ‘unrealistic’ creatures she brings up, but he’d also be quite interested in Fran’s experiments, and naturally enjoy conversation with Ami about computers. While John would be in good company among the Hobbits, and also enjoying the many fine young ladies. Let’s just hope he keeps his ‘Three Continents Charm’ on hold till the lunch bell ends.
6. Ciel Phantomhive and Sebastian Michealis from Black Butler. While I’m sure Ciel would prefer to sit alone, we’d gladly welcome the young Phantomhive Heir to our table! We’d want to share and swap recipes, talk about adventures, Fran would offer to fix or replace Ciel’s eye (though he’d naturally refuse), and Sherlock, being a detective, would want to talk with Ciel, who also has an interest in criminology and investigation. As for Sebastian, well, he follows Ciel, but he’s also one hell of a… conversation partner.
7. Arya Stark from A Game of Thrones. She likely snuck in from the younger grades, but she’s welcome to hang out till lunch ends! We’d let her talk mostly with Ciel, since he’s good with kids and loves to give toys and other things to them, or with John Watson, since he has lots of stories about war and action. Makoto would take her under her wing, since Makoto is a strong girl who doesn’t let boys tell her she can’t fight or stick up for herself just because she’s a girl.
8. Peta Mellark from The Hunger Games. I know some people may think he has no personality, or they think he’s too attached to Katniss’s hip, but hey, the guy has to have some people who’ll listen to his woes. After all, the girl he likes won’t stop flipping from her best friend to Peta, he’s had to go through hell twice. Frodo could relate, what with that disaster at Mount Doom. Plus, he and Makoto are good with baking and decorating. They’d talk tips on making their cakes and stuff look as beautiful as possible. And then we’d pass him some slices of pizza cause that boy, strong as he is, needs to eat up as much as possible!
9. Alphonse Elric from Full Metal Alchemist. Technically he wouldn’t be able to eat, but he’d be able to hang out! Poor kid, he can’t follow Edward all the time, can he? Besides, Fran and Sherlock would be intrigued by how he’s able to control his body, and by the science of Alchemy, plus Luna would want to talk with him about animals.
10. Daenerys Targaryen from A Game of Thrones. She might be too cool for us bunch of nerds and weirdos- or maybe she’d want to join us BECAUSE we’re among the rejected, the insulted, or the just plain avoided. The Mother of Dragons would be so welcome at our table, and we’d love talking with her about everything. I just hope Frodo doesn’t tell his uncle about her bringing the dragons over, too.