Time for another Top Ten Tuesday, courtesy of the Broke and the Bookish!
This week’s topic is: Ten Sequels You Can’t Wait to Get!
1. Symbiont by Mira Grant – This is #2 in the Parasitology series, and while I didn’t connect with the first book with all the emotional strength that I did with her Newsflesh series, it still has awesomely huge potential and I have been without a new Mira Grant book for two whole months and I am dying.
2. Winds of Winter by George R. R. Martin – Me and every other person on the planet. Write, George, write like the wind! Anyone want to start a bet pool for what year this will actually hit the shelves?
3. Currently Unkown-Titled next book in the Fool’s Assassin series by Robin Hobb – How else will she emotionally punish us? I have no idea but I know these books are coming. I need them like burning in my life, despite knowing I cannot prepare.
4. Rewind by Mira Grant – More Newsflesh!? Enough said, give it to me now. NOOOOOOW.
1. ENDSINGER (Lotus War #3) by Jay Kristoff– Oh wait! That’s out today. Winning…. I just need to know and be sad about it.
2. Symbiont (Parasitology 2) by Mira Grant– Over a year so far. I need to know more. I need more Mira Grant. There’s just not enough scientific body horror in my life and every time she releases something new, I get super happy.
3. Whichever the next Scott Lynch book is. I don’t care if its the continuation or the prequel novellas, but at this point, just give me anything. YOUR CATS! GIVE US ALL YOUR GODSDAMNED CATS.
4. Doors of Stone by Patrick Rothfuss- Where’s the king? When does he get murdered? I don’t understand, there seems to be a whole lot of stuff to cover (like murdering evil iron rotting family eradicators) and not many books to do so in. I just.. really want it in my soul.
5. Winds of Winter by GRRM- I mean, I’ve stopped getting my hopes up at this point, but it would be nice to read more.
6. Is there supposed to be more Downside Ghosts? I see she released a new novella in a novella set, but I just need more Chess and Terrible and so far that hasn’t happened.
7. Breakout by Ann Aguirre- I think that I’m in love with Dred and I want her off that ship and I’m sure she’ll kick all the butt doing so.
8. Grave Visions by Kalayna Price– Ugh, there’s only 3 books in this series and the 4th is taking forever to come out. Every time the release date gets close, it moves. I understand that it’s a process, but I so miss this world and its characters and I totally want more.