Time for another Top Ten Tuesday, courtesy of the Broke and the Bookish!
This week’s topic is: Top Ten Books I’m Looking Forward To In 2015
1. The Last Queen of India By Michelle Moran – I am fascinated by Indian history and this title captures my attention.
2. Lady of the Eternal City and the whole of the Empress of Rome series by Kate Quinn – these books have been on my list for a long time, and with this 4th book coming out in 2015 this is the perfect time to get caught up to them.
3. The Price of Blood by Patricia Bracewell – Normandy and Vikings, yeah I am all over that.
4. Helen of Sparta by Amalia Carosella – Another fascinating title! I have a huge interest in Greco-Roman Antiquity, and there is a wealth of books on this topic I have yet to have the time for. Maybe now!
5. The Thunder of Giants by Joel Fishbane – I don’t often do ‘modern history’, which in my eyes begins at the Enlightenment, but when I do, I have a huge interest in the Freakshows that dominated Victorian England and Cold-War America. This is right up my alley and sounds great!
Fry: Next year? That’s so far away. I’ll have to actually consult some lists and think about this one.
1. Fairest and Winter- You know, honestly, I’m not excited for Fairest. I feel like adding a weird prequel insert where the last book in the series SHOULD have come out, is just unneeded torture. Sure, I’m interested in Levana’s story, but not -that- much. At least both of them come out next year. I think? Is that right? One in January and one in the fall?
2. Six of Crows- I love the my Grisha, but this sounds like a wonderful marriage of her previous series and Locke Lamora… so, kindof Mistborn-y without all the epic overthrowing of immortal rulers? Either way, I’m totally into it.
3. Speaking of which, does another Lamora book actually come out next year? Those bastards (all around) keep getting pushed back and I am never actually quite sure when we’re going to get a new one.
4. Half Wild- I just can’t wait for him to do awful things. I hope he does awful things. I understand that perhaps he shouldn’t do awful things, but he deserves it.
5. A Darker Shade of Magic- I read the first 100 or so pages and I hate myself for it. *pines* Is it February yet?
6. Highland Ever After- Finally, Jesus! I’ve been waiting almost two years for this romance novel. I just really like Maya Bank’s highlanders you guys.
7. An Ember in the Ashes– I want this in my face giving me feelings. Like, right now.